View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1106
Children : Cameron, nearly 4, Alyssa, 20 months
Interests/hobbies : Pretty much anything,Piano, knitting, reading, internet, my website and forum, and obviously my kids
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: No bullying rule enforced   Mon May 28 2007, 17:02

Following the racism row in January's Celebrity Big Brother, the Big Brother rule book has been re-written and will now include rules against bullying.

Big Brother 8 producers have updated the show's rulebook to ensure that there is no bullying in the house, according to a report in the Daily Star today.

The show's team have decided to warn housemates that they must not cause offence by using language which attacks another person's age, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation. Sexual harassment and bullying will also be banned.

The new rules follow the offence caused by January's Celebrity Big Brother series, which saw Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd, Jo O'Meara and Jack Tweed accused of racist bullying.

"I believe these measures are a sensible tightening of our procedures," Channel 4's Director of Programmes Kevin Lygo explained. "Channel 4 is doing everything possible to prevent a repeat of the public offence caused by the programme while staying true to the format of Big Brother."

What do you think of this? Will it be boring if housemates can't argue? Or is this rule a good thing?

mums-r-us! All a parent needs! Join our community!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mums-r-us.com

No bullying rule enforced
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1